The Writing the Other staff and instructors are pleased to announce our schedule of classes, seminars, and workshops for 2022.
When we put together our Writing the Other 2022 Class Schedule, we included online courses to help you hone your craft to write characters, build worlds, and shape narratives with better representation.
Our 2022 Class Schedule includes twelve writing classes, seminars, and workshops featuring established and new instructors. They are:
- Charting Your Character’s Arc Webinar and Workshop taught by Stant Litore
- Deep Dive Intensive: Creating Diverse Characters taught by Nisi Shawl and K Tempest Bradford
- Non-Linear Story Structures from Non-Western Traditions Webinar taught by Henry Lien
- Deep Dive Intensive: Dialogue, Dialect, and Narrative Voice taught by Nisi Shawl and K Tempest Bradford
- Crafting Diverse Relationships: Family and Friends, Lovers and Life Partners taught by Piper J. Drake, Lauren Jankowski, and Jacqueline Koyanagi
- Deep Dive Intensive: Description taught by Nisi Shawl and K Tempest Bradford
- The Heroine’s Journey Webinar taught by Gail Carriger
- Diverse Narrative Structure taught by Henry Lien
- Master Class: Writing Fat Characters taught by Marianne Kirby and Meg Elison
- Building Inclusive Worlds taught by Nisi Shawl and K Tempest Bradford
- Hollyhock Writing Retreat on Cortes Island, Canada presented by Nisi Shawl and K Tempest Bradford
- Research Skills for Fiction Writers taught by Melody Steiner
If you’re not sure where to start, we recommend signing up for our trio of Deep Dive Intensive classes taught by Nisi Shawl and K Tempest Bradford: Creating Diverse Characters, Description, and Dialogue, Dialect, and Narrative Voice. These core classes will help all writers build a firm foundation to grow from regardless of their storytelling medium.
For more information about our writing class dates, times, descriptions, and registration dates, please visit our 2022 Writing the Other Class Schedule. Or, if you’d like to request a class or webinar, please contact Writing the Other for more information.
To stay up-to-date with class announcements and registration reminders, please subscribe to our Writing the Other Newsletter.