Bisexual author Cecilia Tan walks writers through the process of researching and representing characters who are not attracted exclusively to people of a single gender. Termed pansexual by some, bisexual by others (the “B” in LGBTQ), these sexual identities are among the most stigmatized and misunderstood, and are often represented by cliches and inaccurate stereotypes.
This $60 Master Class includes:
- 1 hour 15 minute lecture covering…
- The pitfalls and negative stigmas commonly applied to bisexual and pansexual people
- How bisexual invisibility in real life is reflected in fiction
- Bisexuality and pansexuality’s relationship to gender
- Why “bisexual chic” is evergreen
- A list of resources
- A writing exercise
- A transcript
All videos include closed captions. Resources are in PDF format.
Who Should Take This Master Class?
This class is appropriate for all writers (fiction, plays, comics, TV, movie, and games included) from all backgrounds and any skill level.