Partially deaf and partially blind writer and editor Elsa Sjunneson walks writers through the process of researching and understanding both conditions for fiction writing.
This $55 Master Class includes:
- 1.5 hour lecture covering…
- Blindness — Including causes, adaptive devices, and media examples
- Deafness — Including the difference between Deaf/deaf culture, hearing aids and other adaptive devices, and media examples
- Ableism and how to avoid it
- Language — Including the difference between Identity First and Person First language
- Genre Tropes
- Thinking Intersectionally
- An extensive resource list
- A transcript
All videos include closed captions. Resources are in PDF format.
Who Should Take This Master Class?
This class is appropriate for all writers (fiction, plays, comics, TV, movie, and games included) from all backgrounds and any skill level.
Still not sure? Watch this teaser: